As always, I’m linking up with writes like a girl for my April small goals, and Leigh Kramer for my monthly what I’m into. I’m also linking up with the Broke & Bookish for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday meme.
I went into the month of March trying to keep my goals realistic. Because of that, I was actually able to complete all three goals!
Relax!I tried my best to do the things that were actually fun and fulfilling, not just time wasters. Nothing super memorable, but I am entering the month of April feeling a lot more refreshed than I did last month. Hand letter every day.I’m counting this one as completed. I didn’t letter every single day, but I I got close. As I’m always reminding my music students, it’s amazing the difference that consistent practice makes! Work on my massive cross stitch project.Yes, although not as much as I would have liked. Progress has been slow, but the pattern is starting to take shape.
Now for my April small goals:
- Prep for all the concerts! I’m the piano accompanist for my church’s Easter program this year, and the week after Easter is my studio recital. I have a massive amount of students participating this year, so I’m going to put in a lot of work over the next three weeks to prepare them (and myself) for the big show.
- Start volunteering. I work at lot at my church (see above!), and I love it, but I want to do more to volunteer in my community.
- Do a spending freeze. The past couple of months have been filled with extra expenditures, some necessary and some not so much. I want to use this month, which is well past the holidays but not yet into summer vacation territory, to sock away some extra cash.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: I have a whole stack of the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series waiting for me by my bedside.
TV shows I’ve been watching: I finally got my husband to finish watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries with me (it was my second time through and his first). Such a fun adaptation!
Music I’m loving: I can’t stay away from the Hamilton soundtrack. I’m still obsessed (see below).
Best recent purchase: I ordered some cloth napkins a few weeks ago, and they are making my life surprisingly better! It feels so much less wasteful than using paper napkins, and I have enough of them that I don’t have to do laundry every day in order to use them.
My favorite Instagram:
Here’s a part of that book stack I was talking about, plus the Victoria sponge cake I made with my sister when she visited us last month:
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and some of my hand lettering ventures), you can do so here.
In this month’s review, as well as sharing my goals and recent favorites, I’m also including my Top Ten Tuesday response. When I heard Broke & Bookish was doing a fandom-based TTT, I couldn’t resist! In no particular order, here are my current obsessions.
- Veronica Mars. My husband and I watched this show well after it originally aired, but I am still in love with it. The series was great, the movie was wonderful, and I can’t wait to read the books.
- Hamilton. You know I’m still into Hamilton. The songs are catchy, the lyrics are so well written, and you might actually learn something about history while you’re at it.
- Doctor Who. Because obviously. I’m behind on watching the show, but it’s still one of my favorites.
- Sherlock. Another British import that’s just amazing. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman don’t hurt, either.
- Harry Potter. How could I call myself a book nerd and not be into Harry Potter? (Yes, I know there are bookish people who don’t like Harry Potter, but they’re definitely the minority.) But seriously, even though I didn’t read this series until most of the books and movies were already released, this is the series that captivated my generation. It’s one of the biggest fandoms out there, and I’m glad to be a part of it.
- The Great British Baking Show. This show is just fun. Who wouldn’t want to watch a baking competition where the bakers all have great accents, everyone supports each other, and you get to see weird bakes like the Charlotte royale.
- Parks and Rec. I resisted watching this show for a while because the first season was terrible. I finally gave it another shot by starting with season two, and I’m so glad I did! The characters are hilarious, but watching them grow is what keeps me coming back.
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. I’ve raved about this show before. The costumes, the music, the Australian accents, the wide range of social issues addressed, the will-they-won’t-they relationship between Phryne and Jack–what’s not to love?
- Disney. Specifically, Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. These are my favorite animated movies of all time, and the recent live action Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson was amazing.
- Jane Austen. The books! The Masterpiece Theatre movies! The countless adaptations (see: the Lizzie Bennet Diaries)! The wonderful book What Matters in Jane Austen?! I love it all.
Leave your links in the comments below; I’d love to read about your latest goals or your favorite fandoms!
If you want to see more of what I’m into every month, along with sneak peeks and my favorite posts from the blog, sign up for my email newsletter! It’ll show up in your inbox once a month and bring you the latest blog news and the things I’m loving.