This post is part of the Top Ten Tuesday meme by The Broke and the Bookish.
I can’t believe it’s already time for end of the year lists! I’ve read some good books this year (and a ton of mediocre ones), but here are my favorites of 2017.
- The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries. This enormous anthology kept me occupied for the entire month of December last year. I loved it.
- Interrupted. I read a huge amount of Christian books this year, and this was one of my favorites. Powerful and relatable.
- The Septimus Heap series. The more I think about this series, the more I love it! I can’t believe it took me this long to finish reading it. Now I just need to acquire my own copies of these books so I can re-read them.
- Misreading Scripture with Western Eyes. This was another favorite from my dive into Christian living books. If you want to understand the Bible more accurately, this is a must read.
- Fragile Chaos. Mythology + Beauty and the Beast = Fragile Chaos. I don’t really like mythology or romance, but somehow this book made it work beautifully.
- The Last Dragonslayer series. This is another series that made my list of book series I wanted to finish this year, and I am officially current! Jasper Fforde, as always, is such a creative, fun writer, and I love this YA series.
- Stars Above. I was sad to say goodbye to the Lunar Chronicles series, so I greatly enjoyed this related collection of short stories.
- Doomsday Book. You all know how much I love Connie Willis, and this book set in her time travel world is no exception. It’s sad and beautiful and amazing.
- The Inquisitor’s Tale. This was my favorite Newbery book of 2017 (which is saying something, because there were some really good Newbery books this year!).
- Geekerella. This book is just pure fun. It’s a great Cinderella retelling, set in the modern, geeky world.
What are your favorite books of 2017? Share your thoughts or links in the comments!