This post is part of the Top Ten Tuesday meme by The Broke and the Bookish.
After reading practically all the books on my summer TBR list, I can’t wait to form a list for autumn! Some of these books are new, but others are backlist books that I think will fit well with this season.
- Winter. So it turns out that this last installment in the Lunar Chronicles series is not even out yet! Still can’t wait to get my hands on it.
- Rose Under Fire. This book is a companion to Code Name Verity, a book I absolutely loved.
- Dumplin. This book sounds so good and so upbeat! I’m excited to check out this new novel.
- Pointe. The cooler weather (at least, in most of the country…) always makes me want a little more drama in my novels than I want during the lighthearted summer days. I think this ballet book will fit the bill perfectly.
- The Men with the Pink Triangle. I’m headed back to Hungary in October, and I know I’ll be taking my husband to the Terror House in Budapest. This depiction of the treatment of homosexuals in Nazi camps will be an interesting, if depressing, companion to that trip.
- The Voice that Challenged a Nation. I need to catch up on some Newbery books, and if this book is anywhere near as good as the last Russell Freedman book I read, I know I’ll love it.
- Three Times Lucky. I just found out that this Newbery book has a sequel which also looks very good. I must read this one so I can read the sequel, too!
- House of Many Ways. I’ve heard so many good things about Diana Wynne Jones, but I’ve never read any of her books. This one seems like the perfect autumn book and a great way to introduce myself to this author.
- Beastly Bones. This sequel to Jackaby just came out, and I can’t wait to read it! The atmosphere will be great for convincing myself that it’s much cooler than it really is…
- Voracious. Books and food are two of my favorite things, so a book about cooking the food from books, complete with recipes, is something I could never pass up.
What books are on your fall TBR list? Have you read any of the books on mine? Let me know in the comments!