My goals for September seem to have all gotten about halfway finished:
- Make an opera cake. Yep, this one is halfway done. My husband and I were planning to assemble this for his birthday, but since he’s been sick and exhausted, we put it off. But no worries! Several of the components have been made and are awaiting their assembly date this Tuesday. (Photos to come!)
- Get a significant amount of cross stitching done. Hmm… Sort of. I got some cross stitching done, but I’m not sure you could qualify it as “significant.” I’ve really got to get on this.
- Actually finish making hand lettered cards for Etsy. That’s partly why I chose this month’s Write 31 Days series theme as Lovely Words, to give me an extra incentive to finish some cards. I’ve ordered almost all the supplies I need, so this is the month! (Watch for a link to the shop’s grand opening a couple of weeks from now!)
Buy (and wear) red lipstick.This one is actually completed! I got some advice from a sweet employee at Sephora, and I wore the lipstick to church the next day. I felt a bit self-conscious, but also awesome.
Okay, here’s hoping my October small goals go a little better:
- Have a TBR reading day. My TBR list has gotten over 425 books, and it’s causing me some angst. I want to request a dozen or two of the quickest reads and power through them this month.
- Open my Etsy store! See above. I’m almost there!
- Get an actually significant amount of cross stitching done. Again, see above.
- Repair, replace, or remove certain household items. My purse, for example, is starting to fall apart, and I have a huge pile of clothing that needs to be taken to Goodwill. I need to just get that done.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: I just got several books from NetGalley that I’m excited about reading, including a graphic novel version of Snow White and The Pho Cookbook by Andrea Nguyen, a Vietnamese chef/blogger that I’ve followed in the past.
TV shows I’ve been watching: I absolutely hated reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, but I’ve always thought it might make a better TV show than a movie. So now that I know it actually is up on Netflix, I’m going to have to check it out.
Music I’m loving: Is it weird that I’ve been getting into Ariana Grande recently?
Podcasts Audio books I’m listening to: I’ve worked my way through my backlog of podcasts, so I finally got a chance to start on Dodger by Terry Pratchett. It’s not at all what I expected, but it’s fun so far and the narrator is great.
My favorite Instagram:
I spent several hours researching and designing a diverse composer card game for my students, and I’m super proud of how it turned out!
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and some of my new hand lettering ventures), you can do so here.
Favorite quote this month:
In keeping with my Write 31 Days series, Lovely Words, I’m including one of my favorite quotes that I’ve read recently. As a big reader who occasionally embarrasses herself with a mangled pronunciation, this really resonated with me!
Never make fun of someone if they mispronounce a word. It means they learned it by reading. –Anonymous
If you want to see more of what I’m into every month, along with sneak peeks and my favorite posts from the blog, sign up for my email newsletter! It’ll show up in your inbox once a month and bring you the latest blog news and the things I’m loving.
If you want to read the rest of the posts in the Write 31 Days series Lovely Words, you can find them here.