I tried to keep it simple this month, but I still struggled a bit:
Make breakfasts ahead of time. I’m counting this as completed, although I changed the goal a bit. Instead of prepping breakfasts, I decided to prep lunches for the whole week. On Sunday, I’ve been making mason jar salads to take with me to lunch. Not only has this given me quick, cheap, and healthy meals for the whole work week, but we’re not throwing away rotting spinach and broccoli nearly as much as we used to. Hooray for limiting food waste! (For breakfast, I compromised and bought some snacks from Nature Box instead of making my own granola bars–that will have to wait for another month.)
- Read and review the 2017 Newbery books. This one is about half done. I’ve read three of the books, and I’m waiting for my library to have the fourth available. My sister and I plan to do a joint review of the newest Newbery books like we did last year, which will be really fun.
- Actually post more Etsy projects in the N&B store. Hmm… No. I have been working on more watercolor experiments, but I haven’t posted anything new yet.
1.5/3 isn’t too great, but I am super excited I got my work lunches figured out. Maybe that will give me more time to complete my March small goals:
- Relax! I started out the month of February with strep throat, and I felt like I never really got my feet under me after that. I’m struggling to find a sustainable rhythm for my new work schedule, and even yesterday I wasted more time than I’d like to admit being frustrated at myself for wasting time! I’m hoping to make March the month I get back on track with all my weekly to-dos, and hopefully that will include time to relax (on purpose, rather than just wasting time and feeling guilty about it…).
- Hand letter every day. I’m challenging myself to letter every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Hopefully this will enable me to actually finish my goal of posting some new projects on the N&B Etsy store.
- Work on my massive cross stitch project. This has been on my small goals list before, but I think it will go well with my goal to relax. When I’m listening to an audiobook, podcast, or TV show, it’s just as easy and way more relaxing to pick up my stitching rather than trying to multitask by doing paperwork or mindlessly browsing the internet.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: Of course, I’m excited about reading the last 2017 Newbery book. So far, they’ve all been wonderful.
TV shows I’ve been watching: Netflix has a new season of The Great British Baking Show! It’s a lovely show to watch after a long, stressful day.
Music I’m loving: The Hush Sound is my go-to right now.
Podcasts Audio books I’m listening to: I just finished listening to Symphony of the Dead, about Shostakovich, his seventh symphony, and the siege of Leningrad. I knew a bit about Shostakovich from my music history classes, but this book was fascinating and horrifyingly informative. (Review to come soon!)
My favorite Instagram:
This is pretty much my life motto.
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and some of my hand lettering ventures), you can do so here.
If you want to see more of what I’m into every month, along with sneak peeks and my favorite posts from the blog, sign up for my email newsletter! It’ll show up in your inbox once a month and bring you the latest blog news and the things I’m loving.