It has been ages since I’ve written a post, so I’m coming back from my hiatus with my small goals and what I’ve been up to lately. What with working 60 hour weeks and dealing with all the other issues that always seem to crop up during a busy season, I can’t even remember what my goals were from February!
Design a library bag.Okay, I did design it, but I’ve been unable to get my hands on an ink jet printer to use my iron on transfer. I’m counting this as completed, but there’s still one more step!
- Start meditating again. Not at all. I dropped every extra thing that wasn’t essential to my life during the past three months (and, um, maybe some that were… I’m looking at you, yoga practice). Maybe I’ll be able to get back into this over the summer.
Go on a spending freeze.Yep!
Hey, 2/3 is pretty decent, all things considered. For June, my first month of summer “break” (I’m still working, just not nearly as many hours), I’m going for a mix of practical, catch-up items and fun, relaxing goals.
- Prepare for vocal camp. I signed up to teach vocal camp at my studio again this year, and I need to prep my materials. I’m hoping to use a lot of the same activities I used last year, but I need to get everything out and take stock of what I have.
- Organize paperwork. My method of just jamming everything into a drawer and out of sight worked temporarily, but now I need to put things where they belong before I lose something important.
- Go to the beach. Need I say more?
- Watch The Good Place. I was really enjoying this show, but I only got about six episodes in before the crazy hit. I want to get back into it this summer.
- Read just for fun. Now that I have time to read again, I want to hit the library and take out a bunch of great beach reads and children’s books that I can fly through.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: I just started Pioneer Girl, the annotated original manuscript by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and it has been fascinating so far.
TV shows I’ve watched: My husband and I have been getting into The Big Family Cooking Showdown on Netflix. It’s fun and sweet, almost like a Great British Bake Off for families cooking savory meals.
Instagram account I’m loving: Patrix15 posts gorgeous pictures of colorful houses, plus the art that others have made based on those houses.
Links I like: It’s been a while since the Super Bowl, but this article about the sound design is fascinating.
I love unexpected kinds of libraries.
A French carpenter wrote his diary on the boards of a chateau in 1880, and we’ve just discovered it.
My favorite Instagram:
Over Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I had a Bob Ross painting party. Our paintings turned out surprisingly decent!
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and the occasional selfie), you can do so here.
What are you all up to this month? Let me know in the comments!