This post is part of the Top Ten Tuesday meme by The Broke and the Bookish.
Auto-buy authors are those authors whose writing style you trust so much that you will buy whatever books they write, no matter what. I have very few of these authors, so I had to really push myself to find them. But these are the trusted few whose writing I will always make an effort to get my hands on.
1. Sharon Creech. This should come as no surprise to any regular readers of this blog. Sharon Creech is one of my favorite writers of all time, and I have never been disappointed by one of her books.
2. Shannon Hale. Again, no surprise that this author made my list. Shannon Hale writes strong but imperfect female characters, usually with an unusual fairy tale twist. Her books are always fun and filled with unforgettable characters.
5. Hilary McKay. I just finished a readthrough of the entire Casson family series, and I blew through it with a mixture of joy, nostalgia, and bittersweet reminiscences. I have no idea if McKay is still writing books, but I know there are a few she has already written that I haven’t gotten to read yet, and that’s super exciting.
6. Kate Atkinson. I know I’ve only read the one book, but it so impressed me that I indiscriminately put the rest of Atkinson’s books on my TBR list immediately.
8. Elizabeth Wein. WWII and strong female friendships? Count me in every time.
9. Avi. He’s a childhood favorite of mine, and while I haven’t loved every single one of his books, I’ve enjoyed enough of them to give each new book a try.
10. Robin McKinley. Another childhood favorite. Her retelling of Beauty is one of my favorite all-time books, but I found even her fantasy enjoyable.
Who are your auto-buy authors? Any that we share? Let me know in the comments!