To start with, here’s a quick review of my July small goals:
Celebrate my third anniversary with my husband.Check! We ate at an Indian restaurant we’ve been wanting to visit, and, of course, ate our wedding cake replica.
- Actually finish a couple of Etsy projects. So close! I’m not sure if I can count this as completed, but I did finish formatting one project and ordered supplies for another.
- Work on my hand lettering. Again, I completed this one about halfway. I ordered some brush pens to experiment with, and I’ve been watching all the how-to videos.
Type up a chord and scale sheet for my students.Done!
So two goals completed, two half completed. Not too bad! Now, my goals for August:
- Prepare my students to perform the national anthem. And probably brush up on my own conducting skills–I haven’t directed a group since I was in college! Still, I’m excited to lead my kids in singing at our local baseball game.
- Review Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Oh yes, I read it. But if you want to know what I thought, you’ll have to check back next week.
- Make some hand lettered cards for my Etsy store.
- Get paperwork done! I have several nagging paperwork-related tasks that have been on my to do list for a while. Now is the time for me to actually get them done. Not the most fun goal, but a necessary one.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: As part of my classic books challenge, I’m currently working my way through Middlemarch. I haven’t had much time recently to read it, but I’m really looking forward to picking it up again this month.
TV shows I’ve been watching: I was looking for something to put on in the background while I work on cross stitching a stocking (a project that has turned out to be much more involved than I anticipated), and I ended up selecting Guy’s Grocery Games. I’m not a huge fan of Guy Fieri, but this game show/cooking competition is funny, lighthearted, and something that I don’t have to watch every second to enjoy.
Music I’m loving: I’ve had Meghan Trainor’s “Me Too” and Adele’s “Send My Love” stuck in my head on repeat for weeks.
Podcasts I’m listening to: If you enjoy Gretchen Rubin’s books about happiness and habits, you’ll love the podcast she hosts with her sister Elizabeth. It’s called Happier, and it covers the same topics as The Happiness Project and Better Than Before. Gretchen and Elizabeth are fun to listen to, and they always have interesting tips and tricks to make your life better.
My favorite Instagram:
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and the occasional selfie), you can do so here.
If you want to see more of what I’m into every month, along with sneak peeks and my favorite posts from the blog, sign up for my email newsletter! It’ll show up in your inbox once a month and bring you the latest blog news and the things I’m loving.