I’m super proud of how well I did with my November goals, especially since I was out of town for a whole week and threw off my regular “get stuff done” schedule.
Prep Christmas gifts.Yep! We actually got everything prepared in time to deliver gifts in person to most of my family. (More fun and a lot cheaper than shipping them!) Open my Etsy store.Yes!!!! I’m super excited about this. If you’ve been enjoying my hand lettering ventures, I’d love it if you would check out my store and consider purchasing something as part of your Christmas shopping. Dye my hair again.Check. I struggled with the color this time and ended up covering up the pink with a darker red, which looks much better.
- Experiment with watercolors. Not yet, but my husband has promised to put this on his schedule for this weekend.
- Complete the Skillshare challenge. This project turned out to be more than I could handle this month. Oh well.
Three-ish out of five? I’ll take it! Now, for my December goals:
- Organize all my bookish statistics for the year. I did this last year and had a lot of fun with it. And since I’ve been working hard this year to diversify my reading, I’m excited to see how well I did.
- Post watercolor pieces on my Etsy store. See above for details!
- Create space to relax. November was all about getting work projects completed, and December is going to be jam-packed with parties, concerts, and family gatherings, so I want to consciously make time for relaxation. (Maybe even a movie night with my husband or a game night with the roomies.)
- Read through my backlog of books. I requested several ebooks in anticipation of my Thanksgiving travels, and I may have purchased some new books at my favorite used bookstore in Chattanooga.
- Sponsor a businesswoman through Kiva. For many reasons, including my recent readthrough of Half the Sky (review to come soon!), I feel the pull to sponsor a woman starting a business in a poorer country. And since sponsorships start at $25, even I can afford that.
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: I got my hands on Connie Willis’s Doomsday Book for five cents (see my bookstore visit above), and I also found her book of Christmas short stories. If you remember my love for all things Connie Willis, you’ll understand why this thrilled me so much.
TV shows Movies I’ve been watching: I just got Love & Friendship, the movie adaptation of Jane Austen’s Lady Susan, and I can’t wait to watch it!
Music I’m loving: I just found out I can borrow music through my library’s website, so I requested the newest albums from Bruno Mars, Panic at the Disco, and Ariana Grande.
Podcasts I’m listening to: I just added Note to Self, which describes itself as a technology podcast about being human, to my podcast roundup.
My favorite Instagram:
I had so many photos I loved from this month that it was difficult to choose a favorite! I finally chose this one because it showcases my brand new Etsy shop and my brand new hair color.
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and some of my hand lettering ventures), you can do so here.
If you want to see more of what I’m into every month, along with sneak peeks and my favorite posts from the blog, sign up for my email newsletter! It’ll show up in your inbox once a month and bring you the latest blog news and the things I’m loving.