June rushed by in a whirl of day trips, catching up with friends and family, and lazy days off. This summer has been exactly what I needed to recover from a season of working long hours. So let’s see how I did on my goals from last month!
Prepare for vocal camp.I did this, but then the camp was cancelled. So… check, I guess? Organize paperwork.Yes. Everything is finally in its proper place.
- Go to the beach. No, but I’ve done a lot of other fun, summery things. I’m putting this back on the list for July!
Watch The Good Place.Check! I finished this show in a hurry, and I can’t wait for season two. Read just for fun.Yes, and it has been so rejuvenating! I’ve read buckets over the past few weeks, and I’m hoping to keep on for the rest of the summer.
4 out of 5 seems like a win to me! I’m continuing with a mix of fun and serious goals for July:
- Study for the FTCE. This is my most serious and weighty goal for this month. I have a teaching degree, and from what I understand, I can just take this test and get certified to teach elementary. It’s a lot of work, but I’m excited for this possible next step in my career!
- Go to the beach. Let’s try this one again!
- Read, read, read. Yes please.
- Make this year’s photo book. Every summer, I make a photo book on Shutterfly to commemorate the past year. I’ve gathered all the photos; now I just need to put the book together.
- Celebrate our fifth anniversary! It’s hard to believe my husband and I have been married for five years this month! He has been such a support for me this whole year, and I want to do something special to celebrate our anniversary (something we rarely do).
What I’m Into
Books I’m looking forward to reading: The hosts of one of my favorite podcasts, Pantsuit Politics, are writing a book! I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
TV shows I’ve watched: Season 5 of Great British Bake Off is on the PBS website. You know I’m into it.
Instagram account I’m loving: The crochet projects of @supercutedesign really are super cute!
Links I like: Why should you get to know your neighbors?
If you, like me, put off tackling the doorstoppers on your TBR list, this post is for you.
Is it possible–could we get another children’s book from J.K. Rowling??
I love these drawings of Disney princesses as career women.
My favorite Instagram:
My summer book stack! I’m so proud at having whittled this down significantly–I’ll post an update on Instagram at the end of the summer.
If you’d like to follow me on Instagram (I post lots of book pictures and the occasional selfie), you can do so here.
What are you all up to this month? Let me know in the comments!